For general enquiries or to find out how to get involved email us at email@example.com.
Please note – for bookings – check out the Bookings tab in the drop down menu above.
Got feedback? Feel free to email us, or submit anonymously here.
Public Announcements Chat
The Public Announcements chat is the best way to hear about what is coming up at Catalyst – once you join you will get regular notifications and updates about upcoming events, activities and public meetings.
Catalyst uses Matrix chat for public announcements. To access the chat group, we recommend an app called Element. Using Matrix allows for greater security for all members of the chat than more commonly used messaging platforms whilst also being a step towards technological autonomy for radical movements (read more in the More Info section at the bottom).
Already have a Matrix account and Element app installed on your device?
Simply click the link here:
Tap the new message button in bottom right corner of Element, tap “explore rooms” and then type #catalyst-public:radical.directory
Need to install Element App on your device and sign up to Matrix?
Simply follow one of the tutorials below. Should only take around 10 minutes.
1. Download, install and open Element app ⇓
2. Choose ‘I already have an account’, NOT ‘Create Account’ (only matters on Android)
3. Choose any option or “Skip this step” for “How will you use this app”
4 . Change the “where your conversations live” section from ‘matrix.org’ to ‘radical.directory’ (which you will have to type)
5. ‘Continue with Radical Directory Login’
6. ‘Register’ (at bottom of page), fill your details, press submit
7. Open the emailed verification link then ‘Click here to proceed
8. Open Element again. Press ‘Cancel’ to close web view
9. Again ‘Continue with Radical Directory Login’ and log in with your new account
10. Once you have made an account, join the Catalyst Public Announcements chat via clicking this link.
If the link doesn’t open automatically in Element app, open the app directly, press the new message button in the bottom right corner of screen, then “Explore Rooms” and type in #catalyst-public:radical.directory
2. ‘Continue with Radical Directory Login’
3. ‘Register’ (at bottom of page), fill your details, submit
4. Verify email by opening link then ‘Continue’ – you will automatically be logged in
5. Once you have made an account, join the Catalyst Public Announcements chat via the link here.
Catalyst uses Matrix chat for public announcements. Matrix chat groups can be accessed using a range of apps – we have suggested the use of Element app above, but feel free to use others if you know how!
Catalyst uses a local community-run server called ‘radical.directory’, which is also currently open for new registrations, and is intended for leftists and grassroots organisers to use. Some short videos explaining more about Matrix and the radical.directory server can be found here.
It is not compulsory to use the radical.directory server to access the announcements chat – feel free to join with the matrix.org server or others if you prefer.